Our local library has been putting on interactive shows this summer and yesterday was "Bug Day"! There were easily over 100 kids crammed into a small room. The Bug Guy brought along many little friends. He started with a hedgehog, which was so cute and small. The kids really got a kick out of the fact that this little guy rolls around in elephant poop to help discourage bigger animals from eating it!! Gotta love those crazy facts. He also had in tow an armadillo, which looked like a big with scales. In the bug category he brought hissing cochroaches, a millipeed, a and scorpian. Austin gopt chosen out of the crowd to pet the millipeed, and Autumn got picked to pet the scorpian. He also had a keekachu, it is a dark brown nocturnal monkey thing. It was so fun to watch it crawl and jump all over the handler. And his biggest friend was an alligator. Autumn loved it because it reminded her of Alexis' "addergator" from "Jon and Kate +8". All the kids got to pet the alligator at the end of the show. It was fun learning neat facts about each creature and getting the chance to see them in person. It was very cool!!!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Bugs and other creepy crawlers!
Posted by
Erin
at
10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I am SO not into animals. But I take my kids anyway. We've pet armadillos, too.
Ok, that was me. My mom is in town and I keep leaving comments under her name. The following blog has a comment from Lauri, too..but it's really me.
Too fun. My kids would totally be there. I on the other hand leave the touchy feelies of those critters to their dad! Okay, the alligator, I would want to touch, but a hissing cockroach - nope no way! You are a fun mom!
The Bug theme for the libraries this year is creeping me out. We had a lady with bugs come and nearly the whole time she talked to the kids she held a giant hissing cockroach. GROSS!
I used to take my niece Maddison to the Corona library for those sort of things...super cool. It looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun lately!!!
Wow...you have been a busy blogger! What fun at the Library! I totally remember when they revamped that old library and I got to go there after school.
Post a Comment