Sunday, October 5, 2008

In King Benjamin Style

The family woke up to waffles for breakfast before General Conferance started.



Paul read them the story of when King Benjamin built a tower to speak to the people and how the people faced all their tents toward the tower to listen to him. So we made our own tent and faced it towards the tv.



When they started to get restless we gave them a Captain Moroni figure to color and Armor of God to color and then cut and paste it all together!



After another talk we pulled out sugar cubes and had them build temples.






It was nice being able to watch conferance as a family and to do fun activities too! Last night my dad and all his son-in-laws went to the preisthood session together and out to dinner afterwards. It is so great that they could all go together! Austin put together the blessing of being able to listen to church leaders in our own home, unlike the Nephites who had to camp out and travel far in order to hear from the Prophet. I am so grateful for my family and the gospel in our lives.

7 comments:

Sundbergs said...

conference was great this morning. WHat agreat idea. I am stealing some ideas for the afternoon session.

Sheryl said...

wonderful experience....your kids look so happy! Nothing like learning gospel teachings together and in a very fun way.

The Bills Bunch said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU DO KNOW HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN WAFFLES! NO MORE BEGGING DAD TO MAKE THEM FOR YOU, YOU'RE BUSTED! Glad to see the kids had a fun morning. Love you anyway, no more "waffling" from you! Mom

Heather said...

So neat Erin! That is such a fun experience for them! I'm going to do it for Seth! :) We haven't watched it yet cause he wasn't home, I'm so getting out the tent!

Nicki said...

Your such a creative and fun mom!!! What great ideas!

jeanine said...

You are so fun! I saw that story in the friend about building a tent and facing it toward the tv... but I forgot to do it on conference! Drat!

everyday katie said...

I love it. I need to take notes.