I am a huge "Wizard of Oz" fan, so I having been aching to see "WICKED" and yesterday I got to see it at the Pantages Theatre in L.A. I went with my Mom and our friend Karen. We attended the 2 o'clock matinee.
The show was so Totally Wicked Awesome. The music was fantastic, and the vocals gave me the chills. I loved getting the backstory of Glenda the Good Witch and the Wicked Witch of the West! I totally loved all the costumes and effects, and of course the play on words throughout the show! If I had the money to go again I would in a heartbeat. I had heard it was good and it didn't dissappoint! The Pantages Theatre is pretty plain from the outside but gorgeous on the inside! It has some great decor! We had some fun getting pictures on the stairs!
I have never done the whole Hollywood thing so I took the opportunity to go a little touristy! We walked the sidewalks in search of "stars" we liked. I found Carol Burnett's and Dr. Seuss'! TO Awesome! My Mom was on a game show "Win, Lose, or Draw" with Debbie Reynolds and Loreetta Swift, so of sourse we found their stars. I also got to see the "Capital Records" building and the "HOllywood" sign. I even got an across the street view of the "Kodak Theatre". 

Thanks Paul for the Mother's Day gift of "Wicked", it was so much fun! I owe you Babe!!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
A "WICKED" Awesome Time
Posted by
Erin
at
10:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
What a great week you have had. 2 days in San Diego, and that looked like a fabulous adventure. Your kids will remember that trip forever.
Then to see Wicked, which I loved. Randi took me last year for Mother's Day, and I could do that again for sure.
can we JEALOUSY?????? everyone I know has seen this, it is like the the days when Garaghty and I would perform Phantom and Les MIs among other Broadway shows at my house and dream of one day seeing them live and many of them we did... Iam that way with WICKED - I love POPULAR and For Good, and the rest of them too, I am not as limber and dont dance as much...but when I am in the car alone I belt it out baby :) Someday... hopefully it will come to Salt Lake or when we cna afford to fill a car up 6 times AND tickets to a show I WILL SEE IT! David had an opportunity in Dec when he went to NY w=for work but, he knew if he went without me death would be involved, LOL!
I am jealous!! I am glad you enjoyed yourself. BTW, your outfit is adorable on you!
I am glad you liked it! I am going to go see it with my mom in a few weeks when I come home to visit! I am so pumped. I have tried not to read anything about it or listen to the music so that I could be introduced to it all at once.
I hope you don't mind me blog stalking you. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog earlier, it's nice to know I have people to go to! Your blog is so cute! I'm glad you loved Wicked! I hope I get to see it again someday!
Isn't it such a good play. I have seen it three times. I love it. Looks like you had a lot of fun in San Diego
I am so, so, so, so, SOOO jelous!!! That stuff NEVER plays in SL...believe me, I've looked for tickets! I've heard so much about it and am just DYING to see it. I'm so glad that you had so much fun.
I SO want to see Wicked! Glad that you had a fantastic time.
Funny that you have never done the Hollywood thing... I never would have if Rich hadn't wanted to when he came to visit while we were dating.
Post a Comment