Austin got to attend preschool at Centennial High School in a program designed to teach the students how to work with kids. It was great for us because it only cost $15 for the semester. He got to attend with many church friends and his cousin Joey! They learned a lot, played a lot, and even had a day with a local fire department crew! It was such a cool experience for him to attend pre-k.
Playing on the monkey bars-his favorite thing to do!
Austin and Joey with the girl they fought over.(Claire)
Austin sitting inside the fire truck!
He got to shoot the fire hose, and he loved it!!
Receiving his diploma at graduation. He was so proud of himself!!
He was able to recogonize the alphabet and numbers 1-10. Also able to name and find shapes and colors.
Austin also attended speech for 6 months and due to that was eligible to attend Head Start at Jefferson Elementary School. He went everyday for a year. They ran a great program. He learned how to write his name and address. Learned the days of the week and months of the year. Plus seasons, money, times of day, and simple reading and math. He learned over 30 sight words by the end of the year. This was such a
blessing for him.
Graduation from Head Start!
Him and Mrs. Bilijana
Him an Mrs. Ophelia
Him and Mrs. Liliana
All his teachers always loved him, and would give me a hard time when ever he missed school. He was a friend to everyone and loved to help. He always told such animated stories and made such witty comments. He really thrived in these classes and was always sad when they ended. I really feel they helped kindle his love for learning. Thank goodness for good programs!
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Austin's Past Graduations
Posted by
Erin
at
11:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It is so fun to see our kids thrive in environments outside of the home. I love seeing their strengths come out and other people noticing and encouraging too! Your babies are so adorable. Keep up the good work mom!
Love all the preschool graduation pictures of your kids... too cute!
Wow!...That is a Bill's boy for sure! He looks like your brothers the last time I remember seeing them! Aren't genetics freaky sometimes?? When I had Ryan, my first thought was: "Eww. I just had my brother! That's wierd." I know, it's a weird first thougt, but hey, I was on a LOT of drugs from the c-section.
He sure is a cute kido. Both of your kids are darling.
Post a Comment