Monday, June 2, 2008

Are you ready for a Throwdown?

What do you do when a friend says they have the best cookies around but you totally think you do? Well, naturally you challenge them to a throwdown! So after weeks of my neighbor Roger telling me his chocolate chip cookies were the best I knew I had to put him in his place. Last night we battled it out in "Chocolate Chip Cookie Throwdown". We had 7 judges and warm from the oven cookies. Paul and Roger's wife Susan were the coordinators and helped caculate and annouce the results. We had some friends from church come over and judge and select the cookie master. It was a tough call. Mine are fluffy and cakelike, while Roger's are straight up chocolatey. Paul read of the votes in true Jeff Probst style(one for me-one for Roger). When all the votes were tallied it was a tie. One of our judges couldn't or wouldn't decide and voted for both! So in the end we are both winners. It was so much fun and hilarious to use all that smack talk and not have it bite me in the butt! So next time you think you make something the best just ask yourself "Are you ready for a throwdown?!"


My yummy Jello Pudding chocolate chip cookies!



The crazy pastry chefs!



The judges who were blind folded!



Paul annoucing the results!



On pins and needles waiting for the results!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

hahahaha, that is GREAT. Pudding cookies are the BEST!! We know that. Because that's how we roll. xoxo

everyday katie said...

That is hilarious! What a fun event.

Sheryl said...

I love that you had your competition! I wish I would have known, I would have joined you...for in my neighborhood, no one even tries to compete, I have been crowned chocolate chip cookie queen!

Traci Elizabeth said...

UM... I am ready for a throwdown. Mine absolutely rock!!

Heather said...

That is hilarious! I love it! What a fun idea!

M said...

so, are you just bragging or are you posting recipes BOBBY FLAY? I am sure I have had yours at some point but,I know after 6 years living next to the Lovett's we got spoiled with Rog's rockin' cookies:) Tell himI said hi and I want the recipe... yours too! Looks like a LOAD of fun, too cute!

Heidi said...

that is too funny! we need some fun neighbors like that.

jeanine said...

That is hilarious Erin!

Sundbergs said...

That sounds like fun. THat sounds like my night judging others cooking espically cookies. Know i need to try these fabulous cookies sometime.

Unknown said...

That is a fantastic idea!!! I love it. Now I wanna get all my friends together and do that!