Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Austin is now a big 1st grader!!

First day of Kindergarten
Last day of Kindergarten



So it is official Austin has made it through kindergarten and is moving on to 1st grade and all day school! Yeah!!! They had a graduation day yesterday and got to walk and recieve a diploma. The kids sang 5 songs and each got presented one at a time to the audience. Austin was so excited. A little silly side note: I delivered him to school in a nice collared shirt and jean shorts to discover all the other kids dressed to the 9. So I went to Wal-Mart and got him a new church outfit including a tie for the ceremony. Thank goodness, because he was really worried about it and so happy to change into a nicer outfit. Live and Learn I quess for me.


Today was his official last day and at school it was water day for the kinder kids. They really enjoyed dumping buckets of water on each other, squirting each other, and spraying each other. Austin and his friends were like a little Navy Seal Team. They palnned and executed attacks on many kids. They had so much fun. Autumn and I even joined in. Autumn enjoyed playing with all the water and I did a major attack on one of the teachers with a hose. It was a very wet and wild day!!







Also last week the school rented water tunnels and had a school wide water day! It was so much fun.



Austin also got his report card and did very, very well. He can recgonize, write, and read 24 sight words without pausing and read them all after sounding them out a little. He can recogonize numbers 1-50 and write them as well. He is very good at simple math like 2+3 and 7-4. He can also tell time and write and read simple sentences and books. All of his 3 kinder teachers commented on how sweet and kind he is to all kids, and his boundless enerfy he brings to the classroom. He is full of life just like his mother. Even after having to switch schools 3 times his has always made great friends and everyone seems to really enjoy him. We are so proud of him and are very pleased with the way he is turning into such a smart enthuciastic boy. GOOD JOB AUSTIN!!!

And to follow up on the school craziness with our school officially closing today we have had success in transferring to another school for next year. I had to meet with the superindentant and get approval to switch. So we are going back to Donald Grahm (our 2nd school) for 1st grade for Austin and Kindergarten for Autumn. We start August 13!! We are so excited!!

4 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

Way to go Austin!!! It totally boggles my mind that you have a first grader!! What a cute kid.

jeanine said...

Congrats Austin!

Nicole said...

Congratulations Austin!!! I'm so proud of you.

Sheryl said...

He is so adorable. I remember last year when I did Sharing Time for your ward, as soon as he raised his little hand, I knew he belonged to you!! Great kiddo!