Friday, June 20, 2008

2 days of Fun in the Sun

So we had the opportunity to spend 2 days playing in San Diego with my mom and sister Amber and her two boys. We started out Wedenesday at Oceanside Beach. It was really fun watching the kids play and have fun in the sand and surf. I buried Austin, Autumn and Trent in the sand and gave them each sand mermaid tails. Tate was a little grumpy but he did have some fun moments in the surf.















After the beach we traveled to my Aunt Katy's house in Carlsbad which we were using as our home base for our little trip. We were able to shower, eat dinner, and set up our sleeping arrangements for later that night. We left there and headed to Sea World for the evening. Our goal was to see the "Rock with Shamu" show that night. The kids loved seeing the show, and dancing along to the awesome music. We also played at the new "Sesame Street Playground" They have some cool rides. And my exciting moment was the "Shark Encounter" where I got the coolest picture of a shark! We had so much fun that night.














We got back to our home base that night and slept in a big tent in the backyard. The kids thought it was so cool. We even told stories. Austin told the story of the "3 little pigs". He even remenered "Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin" and "I'll huff and puff and blow your house down". To cute!! Trent told a similar tale, and poor Autumn had to whisper to me her "Cindrella" story because we found out from my Aunt Kathy that we were being to loud and that her neighbors all slept with their windows open. (Oops-sorry tired neighbors)The kids all slept great, and it was totally worth all the work to sleep in the tent with them!









The next day we set out for more fun and started it at the "San Diego Temple". All the kids wanted to go inside but we were lucky to run into a temple worker with pictures of the inside of the temple that he shared with the kids. My mom also bought each of them "CTR" rings as a special good behavior surprise-which they all got at the end of our day. My mom was also sweet enough to get "garms" for our men. Thanks Mom, Paul was so excited to get a few more pairs!







From there we headed back to Sea World for a wet water day. Attired in our swim suits we set out to get soaked. We started out at the "Shamu Beleive Show" but after not getting to wet we headed to the "Shipwreck Rapids Ride". Autumn was dead set against riding it but after doing it said it was "GREAT"! We did get wet on that ride. We went back for another Shamu Show and this time got really wet! YEAH!!! From there we went and petted Bat Rays! It is so nice doing all these things with no recard to staying dry. The kids really enjoyed the "Sesame Street Playground" the day before so we went back for more. It was such a freaking awesome day!






Overall the trip was so much fun. I love spending time with my kids and exposing them to fun and exciting things. I am so lucky to have parents who are willing to play hard with us and also suppply the means needed to accomplish them. Thanks Mom for all the cool experiences and memories, and for also driving my car so I didn't have too! It was so nice all this with my sister and nephews too. I love watching them get excited over things, and it is great to see the cousins having fun together. And last but not least thanks Aunt Kathy for letting us use your house as our crash pad. It made it so nice.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What a fun 2 Days. That is so fun I love San Diego and I love Sea World even more. I love it so much I wanted to go there for my 18th birthday. I really want to bring Jenna out to go hopefully soon. I am glad you had such a fun time.

jeanine said...

HOw fun! Looks like you packed a ton into those two days. I love it!

Heather said...

Looks like it was a total blast! I'm sad I missed it but hopefully it will just be the beginning of fun family trips like that! :) I love seeing the pics of Austin, Autumn and Trent together - they are quite the little trio! I love how much they enjoy each other and it makes me imagine them years from now! It's going to be fun watching them grow up together, but also bittersweet because I want them to stop growing and stay how they are! :) I'm glad you all had fun!

Unknown said...

SIGH....Good 'ol Cali...SIGH. (If you can't tell, I'm having issues being away from the sunshine and my fam.) We used to live in Temecula (the best town EVER) and I miss it so much. It's only an hour or so away from Oceanside and Sea-World. Glad you had a good time, though!