I am so proud to say that Taylor Winter Armstrong graduated last night with HIGH HONORS no less from Norco High School!
I started working with Taylor in 4th grade as his one-on-one aide. He suffers from cerebal palsy and needed help with reading and writing. He used to joke that I was his personal secratary and he was my young rich employer. I worked for him daily until 8th grade and then helped him with countless assignments through high school. When they first annouced the high school exit exam his mom, myself, and him really considered pulling him from school because it seemed cruel to make him continue on to only end up not being able to graduate due to this stupid test. He had never taken a test without assistance or modifications made and he couldn't get them with this test so it just seemed like an impossible hurdle. Well, as hard as it was he took it and passed!! That was such a great day when the results came his mom and I actually cried together. So, it was only right that last night Karen and I sat together and cheered and hollered and cried as we watched him walk the field, be annouced with High Honors and accept his diploma!!
It was such an awesome night and one I will never forget. We took a picture last night together and we both were actaully teary eyed. I am so proud of him and am so excitied to follow him on to college. My cup runneth over with pride and love for this young man. He faced everything put in fornt of him and surpassed things even he thought were impossible. Congratualations Taylor you did it, we did it, and we are going to do more!!!!!!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Posted by
Erin
at
11:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That is amazing. What a great story. Good job taylor.
I know Taylor. His new aid in high school and I became good friends. she was with taylor and I was with Melissa Sullivan who also suffers from Cerebral Palsy, but she is in a wheel chair and cannot talk, but through a dynavox. Anyway, she graduates from Norco high next year. CRAZY!!!
Congrats Taylor!
Wow, that is so awesome! Isn't teaching the greatest thing.
What a great experience. You have been a blessing in his life for sure. Good for Taylor to work so hard, and to have this success.
That is awesome! What an amazing experience!
Yay Taylor! You are old Erin! LOL! :) Good job, what a great accomplishment!
Post a Comment