I want to document things from the past, so I am stealing a page from Katie and doing Memory Monday like her Flashback Friday.
So, for my first Memory Monday I am dedicating it to my oldest Best Friend: Franchesca Reed Sagen (Chessie to those close to her)! 
She was one of the first girls I met when we moved to Corona. Our bithdays our 14 days apart and she is older. We were baptized the same night at the Corona STake Center. (Kip Robinson was baptized that night too) We hung at every chance we had! We got into quite a bit of trouble together, but always managed to survive! When we were in 5th grade her parents moved her to East Rochester, New York! It totally sucked. We spent our last day together seeing "The Little Mermaid" in theater, and getting "BFF" rings together at Tyler Mall. We kept in touch through letters and special phone calls. When I.M.-ing was getting started we both got it and chatted a ton. She was the girl I share all my secrets with, I called her when I started dating Paul. When I graduated HS my parents gave me a trip to New York to hang with Chessie. I was able to attend her graduation. We shared a room for what was to be 10 days, but we somehow managed to get my ticket changed and got ourselves 20 more dyas together!! We spent the 4th of July in Washington D.C. and I was able to attend the Palmyra/Sacred Grove Pagent. She only lived 20 mins from the Sacred Grove and an hour from Niagra Falls. We did a ton of sightseeing which included a trip down the Erie Canal. Many nights we ended up at Wegman's doing snack shopping. It was such an awesome month!!
Our incrediable day trip to Niagra Falls!!
When I got engaged she moved into my bedroom with me and helped with wedding details. She was my Maid of Honor, and she decorated my car with shoe polish.(which by the way doesn't wash off) :) 
When she was sealed in the Palmyra, NY temple I traveled out to be there. I was able to hold her youngest Quinn at the altar!
These are pics of us at a Tea House called "Lawteda's"-which happens to be my camp name!! We also found a store in Corona called "Francesca's" and we bought matching braclets!!
Best Friends are the ones willing to roll in the mud with you! (Us at Glen Ivy)
This is us all cleaned up after a relaxing day at Glen Ivy!
Just this last week I had the great privilage to have her stay with me for 4 days. I love hanging at with her and giggling like school girls. She is due with her 3rd soon and I can't wait to meet the new girl. No matter what happens I can always count on her to pick up the phone and talk me through it. She is truly a sister from another mister to me!! Love you Chessie.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Memory Monday!
Posted by
Erin
at
8:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What an incredible blessing to stay in touch over the years! You have to work hard sometimes to keep a relationship like that alive. You two have done a great job!
I think it's so awesome that you have stayed friends. 5th grade is so young to be able to pick out the people worth keeping in touch with. It seems nearly impossible to stay friends when one moves away at such a young age.
PS...I considered naming my Flashback Friday's "Memory Monday's" instead.
Awwwwww! So sweet! Ahem! I noticed that you are wearing one of my shirts in that niagra falls pic! You took it for a month?! I think that is one of the one's you stole from me before I moved out! Brat! LOL! Loved this post, glad you guys have stayed in touch for so long and hope you do forever!
That's so awesome that you've had such a great friend for so long.
Post a Comment