Freedom-sweet, sweet freedom!! Both kids are in school! Austin is in Ms. Scarborough's 1st grade room. He is so excited to have 4 recesses (1 is before school)and the fact he is there all day and no longer has to have quiet/nap time anymore! He also got cool new black shoes and a Star Wars-Clone Wars lunch pail. Autumn had an orientation day today where she got to bring along Paul and I and show us the room and playground. She cut out a gingerbread man and painted a monster. She has Ms. Nicholas'. She was so excited to go to school and to have a Hannah Montana lunch pail!
I am so relived that Autumn is going to school. It was touch and go because of her over 11+ allergies. I had many meetings with the school nurse, principal, and teachers about her. We provided the school with benadryl, an epi-pen, change of clothes in case of something spilling on her. She has a placemat for lunch, her own pencil box of supplies, and every child has to wash their hands after eating! Hopefully we have set up enough safety guards for her. Time will tell!!
Overall I am glad to have them both going to school. It will give me time to get stuff done. I can't wait to go clothes shopping and try on things without children. Or grocery shopping without kiddie input! "A whole new world!"
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Freedom for Mom!
Posted by
Erin
at
12:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Yay! Congrats! The kids look super cute and I'm excited you get a little alone time now!
YEA!!!! I can't wait for that day!
I am SO looking forward to that.
Those allergies really stink! My brother in law is like that. AT his house, he has separate dishes, cupboards, pots and pans, toaster, etc. He makes home made everything...even things like mayonaise...with special products from stores like Wild Oats and Whole Foods. Not only is is a nuicance, but expensive.
I don't know how you live like that. My mother-in-law has a more mild case, but she's still allergic to everything. I always pray that my kids don't inherit it. It sounds miserable.
Thats awesome! Im excited for you! I cannot believe your Autumn has that many allergies. I thought jackson's were bad. I really should give you call sometime. And sorry we never got in touch while we were there. we really wanted to make a trip out to Sea World, but with the wedding... NO TIME! Anyway... I hope you have a fantastic day!
Congratulations Erin!! They are getting so big, I can't believe it. I have so many memories of them being so little and *gasp* innocent. :) I'm happy for you that you finally get "me" time!! That is, until, you decide to add to your family. ;)
Wow I can't believe that they are both in school. THey aer so close in school how fun for them. I am jelous about the grocery store without kids.
YAY!!!!!!!!
Your kids are adorable and its so exciting for them to both be in school. Have fun shopping!!
Im so glad Autmn is able to enjoy school! I posted a new blog just for you I dont think anyone else looks. I miss you!!! Cant wait until OCT!!!! Girls weekend will never be the same LOL love you all Sarah
Post a Comment