So, I made the mistake of leaving my children to their own devices and man did they make a mess. Paul worked an overnighter last night 10pm to 8am. I, myself have been under the weather-so we layed in bed this afternoon for an hour and payed dearly for it.
When I got up and walked into the living room I discovered hair all over the carpet. And not just any hair but long beatiful strands, a lot of them. I instantly sent both kids to there room and started to cry and went and got Paul.
We went together to Autumn and discovered chunks missing around her ears, crown of her head and throughout the back. When asked what happened she replied "Austin did it!"
So, we took a few deep breathes and decided to make him pay for the haircut she was going to need. Paul went into his room and first asked him his side, and he confirmed that he had in fact done it. Paul then proceeded to explain how dissappointed we were and the fact that he was now to empty his Buzz bank to pay for her haircut. He had saved $8.50, which means he still owes us $8.50 which he will be working off.
We made them pick up the hair and vacumn. I also discovered they had painted without asking and found my table covered in spilled water and paint. ARRRGH!!!! I threw out all the paint and brushes.
I took Autumn to the Fantastic Sam's for a haircut and luckily a layered cut would work. It makes her look so much older but at least we didn't have to match the shortest length Austin gave her(above her ears). And he didn't mess with her bangs.
I am still very sad about it, but hopefully in a few months the short layer will be long enough so that we can cut everything shoulder length again. Also, normally after a kid cut the child gets a sucker-well not this time, Mommy got it. That's right no reward for little miss thing. I got a yellow lolly that tasted so good. I also ate Austin's teddy grahms I had gotten him. Don't mess with the bull and not be ready for the horns!!! Well, one thing I learned is my two geeks can't be trusted alone. And we have also put all sissors, glue, matches, and staplers up high out of reach!! I feel like I am raising toddlers again instead of a 6 and 4 year old. I don't know how my parents handled 5 of us and Paul's parents handled 4. Right now the kids are beating us-but tommorow is a new day, and this mom won't be taking any breaks!!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Hair Mess!
Posted by
Erin
at
7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
OH man... WOW! Im not excited for that day to come in our home. We dont have a girl (yet), But Im sure it happens in all homes.
Oh My Gosh!!! So much for trying to rest up when you don't feel good. She's so dang cute you could buzz her head and she would still be cute and the new hair cut is adorable on her, but I would've been angry too! You totally deserved that lollipop! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Oh my goodness!! What little stinks! haha, remember that time that Autumn decided to put soap all over your couches? I'm sitting her laughing to myself! Kids... But her new cut looks cute so at least he didn't butcher it. Positive side, right?
You handled that well. Making Austin pay is a fantastic punishment. I can't believe the trouble your kids get into. I KNOW I have that to look forward to. My kids cause horrendous toddler trouble. I'm sure they'll cause worse kid trouble. Oh man, ERin. I just couldn't even imagine that. I guess there's a reason to be greatful for all boys...if they cut their own hair, I can buzz it off. Lucky for you, and her, she can't help but be cute. There's nothing you could do do her to stop her cuteness.
Austin was just showing his artistic side! what a little stinker. Luckily, Autumns new haircut looks adorable. I agree with katie, Your punishment was a perfect one.
By the way, it was so fun to see you last week. Thanks for the presents...Olivia was so excited to open her little doll and Boston looks adorable in his outfit! thanks and GOOD LUCK! I hope you feel better!
Oh my goodness! I can't believe it! Way to make Austin pay for the haircut--perfect. And I love that you ate the lollipop! I can't belive all that hair.
When my sister, Elise, was around 4 she cut her own hair. My mom was sleeping and found a tupperware bowl full of hair. Elise had put clips in her own hair so my mom had no idea. She thought it was the hair of a new doll Amy had just gotten for Christmas and just about flipped. She was actually relieved to find that it was Elise's hair... because at least that would grow back. And Elise cut her hair a lot worse than Autumn's was cut!
Well, today we have been trying to style the new do. She does have a natural curl that is helping.
I am also implimenting a new discipline tatic. They will pull cards for bad behavior, each pull has a punishment attached. They will also chart each card at night on a calendar. At the end of the week they will earn or lose prizes based on the week. This mom is so done with the bad behavior and ready to start something new.
Oh my goodness! Good for you making Austin pay... smart thinking :) The hair still looks cute, but I can imagine the feeling seeing the hair all over!
This is what I have to look forward to in a few years! :)
So much for rest, huh?!
Well handled. I would have died too. I like you chart idea. tell me more aobut it. I am always looking for new ways to improve behavior. It is funny becasue right now this is awful one day we will look back at these oments and laugh. I am so not there yet. Let me know how long it takes. Good job mom you re a pro.
Wowza! I'm surprised Autumn let him do that! I think we should give her a pixie cut, the mullet isn't a good look for her! Sorry and I'm glad we got some good pics too! This will teach her to not mess with her hair in the future! :)
Wow... I'm so not looking forward to that day. I would expect Ryan to do that but I would not expect Lizzy to let him. You handled it very well. I love that you made your son pay for it. I was thinking of doing the chart thing too. I love the idea
Post a Comment