
So, I have been fixing a few things around the house lately! Both the kids rooms needed screens so I made one for each and replaced a kitchen screen too. I have also repleacd or repaired a sprinkler, shower handle, faucet, fence, air conditioner, and an outlet. It was fun learning new things. My dad has helped me with the plumbing. My neighbor Dave is very mechanically handy and has helped with the rest. He has helped me a lot with things around the place. Such as helping fix the washing machine. The only rule with both is they teach while they fix. This is great because I love to learn. The only downside is sometimes you get dirty and wet!! So, until next time the toolbox is safely on it's shelf in the garage awaiting the next project!
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Phillip's or Flathead?
Posted by
Erin
at
7:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Good for you! Handy woMAN! :) I think its funny when I have to go through Seth's tools to do something when he's not home, most of the time I just let it wait unless it has to be done! For example: one of our smoke detectors started beeping(the kind of beeping that tells you every 30 seconds to replace the battery) the other day, I woke up to it(it reminded me of the episode of friends where Phoebe goes crazy!)in the early morning, luckily not in the middle of the night! Anyways there was no way I could wait for Seth on that one so I did it myself and almost broke my freakin' neck a couple times! LOL! That's what happens when you use a swiveling office chair to get up to it I guess! Well about a half hour later it was finished and guess who was to wide awake to go back to bed? Yep, that would be me! Argh! WOW! I just proof read through this and it was confusing to me, so I apologize for the long confusing story but I'm not about to start it all over! LOL!
The handy-man title is definitely not my favorite, but I'm always proud of myself when I accomplish a manly task like that. I like to think I'm an integral part of our home repairs.
Way to go! I think it's fun to fix things/put things together... as long as it's not TOO hard. I don't think I could do all that you have done!
Actually, Erin, I had no idea you were jealous about MADS. You seemed to enjoy being in the boys choir. YOu held it together so well. I think it's highly impressive that you were jealous and you didn't act it. Krista never spoke to me again after I made MADS.
I am so lost when it comes to repairs! I'm very impressed!
OH MY... you are quite the handy woman! I really dont know how to do anything, and neither does Matt.
Thank goodness for neighbors!! Gotta love em!
Post a Comment