Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mommy Diary



1. Typically what time do you wake up? School days 7:45 to get Austin off to kindergarten. Weekends anywhere between 9 and 10am. This is only because my kids can work the tv and serve themselves breakfast. We do struggle with new baby ideas because we know this won't happen with a baby!

2. On a good night what time are your kids in bed? 8pm for sure. I need my time to relax and watch all my Tivo shows.

3. How long have you been a mom? 6 years

4. How old were you when you became a mom? I had my first 3 months before my 21st birthday. Paul and I always talked about a Vegas trip for our 21st bdays. But when they actually came around we were caring for our 1st newborn who was suffering from colic and ear infections. So we watched "Ocean's 11" and rubbed each other feet.

5. What is your favorite kid TV show/movie? Now you need to know I have a 4 year old girl and 6 year old boy. On Disney: Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Witches of Waverly Place, High School Musical 1&2, Hannah Montana. On Nick: ICarly, Drake and Josh. Star Wars. These are funny, action packed, and my kids will actually sit and watch them.

6. What is your least favorite kid TV show? Sponge Bob-he is actually banned in my house along with Cailluo and Doodlebops. I find that these shows teach my kids whining, back chatting, and are just plain loud and annoying.

7. What is your favorite chore? Vacumning and cleaning a bathroom. They are quick and easy and really make it seem like you are a crazy neat person. I like to be straightened up but I am not meticulous. I would rather play and have fun then clean all day everyday.

8. What is your favorite meal to cook? Dessert. I am more of a baker, and Paul is the meat and potatoes man.

(Autumn enjoying her homemade smore)

(Austin really enjoyed cooking it over the stove)

(Gotta love the chocolate)

9. What is the meal you cook most often? I have recently found that I am making chicken enchilladas, and a dish we call grandma's caserolle. All the caserolle is is Elbow macaroni cooked, can of tomato soup, can of vegetarian vegetable soup, 1 pound ground beef cooked, and can of corn mixed together and topped with cheese. We eat these weekly.

10. What is your kid’s favorite meal? When you ask Autumn what she wants it is always the same 3 things: "Pasegti with parmesan cheese, peanut butter-no jelly, chicken nuggets "cut up". This is mainly due to the fact she is allergic to most everything else. Austin eats everything and anything. He realized this year he loves burritos. Just like his dad.
I do find they both love fruit and veggies for snacks. Again because Autumn can eat them.

11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? There are a few things he does that I adore. He plays with them. Not just a few minutes but hours when he is home. He sings to them before bedtime. He rolls up his sleeves and takes care of them right along with me. He paints Autumn's nails, and plays sports with Austin. He has also taken on "Dating Autumn" to show her how to be treated by guys. He gets her valentine presents and takes her out on little dates. He also trains Austin on how to treat a lady. He is a great dad and example.



12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you're being a mom? When driving in the car I love hearing them sing to the radio and dance in their seats. I love how they use their imagination to play alone and together. I adore how sweet and loving their are to each other. A good example is Wed. Austin got his hair cut and made sure the stylist gave Autumn a lolly-pop too. Autumn then got kinder shots and made sure Austin could have a sticker too. They are both very outgoing and always willing to try things. This makes for fun times. Both of them have been involved in numerous shows and things at Disneyland. I love our cuddle times. It is so fun to curl up and hang with each of them, and talk with them. I also love the way they laugh and giggle. They have both always had great laughs.

13. If you could take your kids anywhere where would it be? On a cruise to the Carribean. We love to swim and explore and eat, so that would allow us to do it all.

14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? I attended my cousin's baby shower today actually. When I told Autumn I was going
she asked concerned "You guys are going to bathe a baby?" I tried to explain we were showering Maria, and she then exclaimed "You guys are giving Maria a bath!" Man I love the innerworkings of a child's mind.

15. What is your favorite past time/activity to do with your kids? Dancing around singing and dancing in the living room. It is so much fun. And cuddling up to watch a movie or show. Going places with them: park, beach, Disneyland, Sea World, etc.



16. Name 1 thing you said you'd never do as a mom. I never wanted to not be an invovled or hands on mom. I want to know what is going on and help where and when I can. I like dropping them off for school everyday and picking them up. I like being there for dance classes and tball games and practices. I also like having their friends over and going places with them. One of our goals as parents is to have the hang out house and be the parents always willing to drive.

17. What is your favorite quality that your mom has? She is a great teacher and helper. Through both my pregnancies she was there to help anyway she could. This could be anything to cleaning, driving, or helping with Austin so I could nap. I don't know if I could have made it through those without her. She is also a great advice giver for being an awesome mom. She has helped me figure out so many situations with my kids. Austin and all his quirks, and Autumn and all her allergies. I am so proud and glad to call her not only my mom but friend.

18. What is your advice for new moms? Never wake a sleeping baby. They will wake when they need you. And make noise around them when they nap. I actually vacumned around the room when they were days old. This helps to train them to sleep through anything.

19. What is the scariest or most heartbreaking moment as a mom? Well, I have one for each kid. Austin's is when I learned he had been sent back to his homeschool. It would be his 3rd kindergarten class. He was so upset to leave friends again, and I felt he was being cheated. He has since made new and good friends, but it was still hard. Autumn's would be the times we have rushed to the ER when she was having trouble breathing due to her allergies. It is so hard to stay calm, but somehow we do, and we have been blessed that she has come out of those times safe. But I am terrified to send her to kindergarten, but I know it will be good for her.

20. What is your most joyful moment of being a mom? That moment when I realized I was pregnant with them. Even though I was looking at 9 long hellish months, I knew that at the end of it I would have a beatiful baby to love. I can't wait until the next time that happens.

21. When was the last time you were told 'I Love You' by one of your kids? We took the kids to the movies and both exclaimed: "You guys are the best, I Love You!" I am so fortunate to hear it numerous times a day from both of them. I love those geeks!!


22. I tag: Sarah, Danielle, Melinda, Michelle

6 comments:

everyday katie said...

I seriously think you are a fantastic mother. This is what you were born to do! I love the picture at the top. You really know how to have fun with your kids.

jeanine said...

I agree with Katie... You are an incredible mom. And your kids seem so sweet!

Oh and I LOVE that Paul paints Autumn's nails and takes her on dates. I hope, if we ever have a girl, that Rich will take her on dates as well.

And I love that you guys want to be the parents always willing to drive. That is seriously awesome. I hesitate to do so many things with my young women because I know the parents HATE driving them anywhere extra.

Tolley Family said...

I loved reading that! You really are a good mom. And I love that Paul paints Autumn's toenails! :)

Sundbergs said...

Great job momm.y I just saw this tag. I have been out of town. I get home tonight I will do it in the next few days. CUte cute pics your guysa have a lot of fun together.

Nicole said...

Miss you too! I wish we could have gotten together before we left but things were so crazy those last few weeks I didn't get to do any call-backs. xoxo

Heather said...

Aww good tag! I loved it and all the pics!