It was such a nice day. We went to church and then had my family over for dinner. Austin made me a shirt at school and it was awesome. His hands made the flower and fingerprints for ladybugs!
Paul and the kids got me a key chain digital picture frame that can hold up to 60 photos. It was funny because Friday I went to his store and saw it and he was shocked because he had already purchased it, so to keep me from asking for it right then he told me it was crappy. So I went home without it. Then Sunday I unwrapped it and we laughed at each other. He said I almost ruined it by happening to see it on Friday. It is very rare I enter a Best Buy and look around. Paul is there over 40 hours a week so I have no need to go. I love my new toy. I also got a diamond studded star that says Mom from Paul's parents. It was a great day!!!
Even without gifts I am so grateful to be a mom and wife. I have some awesome kids who are so much like Paul and I it is scary. We have a lot of fun together and there is never a dull moment in our home. We already have a pretty packed week. I really enjoy hanging with them(most of the time)! :)
I am also lucky to have such great mom of my own. She has really helped me become a good mom and wife. She is always willing to help however she can, and always ready to play when she can. Thanks Mom for always being you and showing me that doing your best is all anyone can ask of you! I often ask myself "WWMD" (what would mom do). It has helped me in amy sitiuations. And without you I may have never had the courage to try out things on Autumn. You have really helped me more than I can ever say thank-you for. Love you mom! Hugs and lots of kisses!! :) Some of my mom's famous qoutes that I find myself using are:
"It kept them busy for an hour." (said to a husband when I mess is found surrounded by kids)
"Unless there is fire, blood, or broken bone mommy needs a break." (after a tough day all a mom needs is a few minutes of sanity)
The Bills kids really tested this line. After a long day my parents sent us to bed and retreated to their room. Brian and Tyler were messing around and Tyler split open his eyebrow on his bed. Well there was alot of blood so one of us knocked on mom's door and she gave us the famous line. Well, we told her there was in fact blood and she even asked which kid. We informed her it was Tyler and she had him come to the door to survey the damage. It was bad enough for stiches so they got dressed and took him to the E.R. Bless her for leaving us alive and unharmed that night. The 5 of us really new how to throw a wrench into plans of relaxing. Sorry Mom.
WE still goof off a lot!
Welll, I hope you all had a great Mother's Day!!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Happy Mother's Day!
Posted by
Erin
at
10:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love that photo of your and your siblings!! That's great.
WOW! What a great tribute from my daughter! She's right about the sayings. She left out the best one of all....
"The failure for you to plan, does not make it an emergency on my part!" LOVE IT! Heather found it on a card and gave it to me for Christmas one year. It's nice Erin stops to think of WWMD? I think it's better to think of WWSDD?
Anybody know what that stands for?
What would Sheri Dew Do! Love ya Erin and thanks for being a good mom to our grandchildren. Thanks for letting Paul live! Bye, Mom :)
I haven't had to use the "Failure to plan" yet but I'm sure it's coming! I do remember hearing it though and just hating it.
I love the family pic. What a great mother's day. I wouldn't take that shirt off! It's so cute! I also love the keychain! How awesome is that! I didn't even know those existed! I'll have to get one.
I love the shirt idea! Super cute! And i have to agree, you do have a great mom (she would have to be great to put up with you crazies!).....love the pics!
Your family is cute. I'm glad to see that you had a nice Mother's Day. It's amazing to think that Heather's little sister has 2 children and a 6 year old at that. Cute. Cute.
Great post Erin! Love the added story about blood - hilarious!
Good Tribute to Mom!
Post a Comment