Wednesday, May 14th the San Diego Wild animal Park had a free admission day in celebration of their founder's day. So, Austin played hookie from school and came with Autumn and I to the park. We went with my mom and sister Amber and her two boys Trent and Tate. We also met up with Heather and her friend Katie and her twin girls Kelly and Kara! It was so neat seeing animals up close.
The kids loved the gorillas. We saw two playing, my mom said it was like how they wrestled with their dad.
We were there for feeding time and got to see the cheetahs pick out their big meat bone.
We saw lion cubs and a female laying in the shade resting. I could make a great lion they sleep an average of 20 hours a day! Sign me up!!!
I loved seeing the giraffe. It was the animal I wanted to see the most.The elephants were so neat. We saw a the male one chasing around a female. The whole time we were their the poor female couldn't stop running, that male was after her!
The kids were funny to listen to when they were viewing the animals. Autumn said the elephants were to noisy to play at our house and that playing in the dirt is not good. Austin enjoyed feeding the birds. He did say they need to learn to share better.(And a sad side note to the birds is Autumn was allergic to the bird nectar, so she couldn't hold the cup and feed them). We had fun seeing all the animals, and hanging with our family.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Who let the monkeys out?
Posted by
Erin
at
10:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That was a great day!
What a fun day!
I wanted to go but a friend of mine said that it is way too busy. Was it? I don't actually know if I want to know the answer or not because I will be sad we missed it! But please tell me! :)
Wish we could have been there.
Post a Comment