
So, we are sure having some weird weather. Yesterday which was May 22nd we were in the 50's with rain strong winds and hail. Just 3 days earlier we were in the 100's! In Moreno Valley two tornado funnels were captured on camera. One toppled a big rig and derailed a train near march Air Force Base. Another tornado funnel was seen in Lake Elsinore traveling at 8mph. Last night we experienced some serious thunder and lighting. Paul and I were counting inbetween to determine how far away it was. 2 miles!! The whole day was just bizzare!
I actually took the time today to check all my emergency supplies and stock up my flashlights. Austin actually had a warning lesson on Tornados today at school! We live in So. Cal. for pete sakes. Not in Kansas. I just find this so freaky and a little unnerving. But we are safe and just really cold and wet. I actually had to dig out tennis shoes to wear instead of flip flops today. Where in the world is my normal May weather at? Hopefully this cold front will move on quickly!
Hope you all are doing good!
Friday, May 23, 2008
Are we in Kansas?
Posted by
Erin
at
3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That doesn't sound like So Cal at all. Tornados totally freak me out. In Ohio, we had one touch ground just a half mile from our house. Texas should be worse. It's all about where your grow up...I don't freak out about earth quakes.
I love this weather. I hated the 100 degree weather...this suits me just fine (minus the tornados that is)...I LOVED living in the midwest because of this kind of weather!!
I hear you girl... we just missed the tornado out here in Colorado, but 5-6 miles. scary. But we did get the hail storm. and I heard on the news out here that there were tornados out in riverside county. Thanks for letting me know. It was really a close call for us out here. We really do need to get our food storage going... seriously!
Thunderstorms are my favorite... but I can't believe you've had tornados! That's just crazy! Around here people think I'm crazy because I say I'd rather be in an earthquake... which I'd take ANY day over a tornado.
Yeah when it was hailing I was like "what the crap is going on?!" It was just 100 degrees yesterday! And when I saw video of the tornado that happened in perris I was like "what the crap?!" Yeah I know same reaction, but jeez, we live in cali! I'm glad we are all safe and no one was hurt!
Post a Comment