So my little slugger is playing T-Ball. During his Wednesday practice the coached asked him why he was jogging instead of running all out and he responded, "I'm in training and I don't want to get hurt before the big game!" Duh coach, we wouldn't want an injury! He had all the adults cracking up.
Today was opening day for the league. The teams did a parade of banners and our team won a free pizza party for the best t-ball banner. Gotta love the rally monkey.
The Angels played a great game. Austin hit all 3 times at bat(everybody does it's t-ball). He would size up the competion and wack the stuffing out of it, and zoom to the plate.
He caught some great hits and threw the ball all the way to 1st base. On his last at bat he ran all the bases and slid into home. My little all-star. We had so much fun cheering him on, and he says he's ready for the majors and to be on tv. As you can see he has no self esteem problems. It's so much fun to watch the kids play. They run like a herd after most hits, and are so serious about hitting the ball. The only bummer about the day was it was cloudy and really cold. So here begins Austin's first baseball season. GO ANGELS!!!
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Number 7 for the Angels-Austin Chase
Posted by
Erin
at
1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
That was a great post. What a character. I laughed all the way through...and I've read it twice. What a cute kid...gotta love baseball players.
Yay rally monkey! Looks like it will be a fun season. I just read your High School Sweethearts post...I didn't know you guys were high school sweethearts, that's so cool!
I love it! Let me know when his next game is! I want to go! He is getting to big!
Austin seems like a character! Sounds like he'll enjoy t-ball. I can't wait for my boys to play (and neither can Rich... he's a baseball freak).
How cute. THe banner looks great.
I lvoe how he hit all his times at bat. Looks like you've got an all star.
Looks like he loves little league!
Should I ask him for his autograph now or should I wait a few years?? I am sure he is going to be a star!!
THAT'S MY BOY! That's what Austin yelled out to his Uncle Tyler during a high school baseball game. Tyler caught a ball in center field. Austin waited until everyone was quiet and yelled it out. It was halarious! T-Ball is so cute. I love it when they wear their white pants and you can see their spider man or scooby doo underwear through them when they poke their little bums out to bat!
Love, Grandma Bills
Okay....our Mom is too funny! We'll have to get Austin some super crazy print underwear so Mom can check his bum out! :)
Just last week I was going to tell you that you needed to post some T-ball pictures and now here they are! Hooray! Austin is so cute and he says the funniest things. He looks so darn cute in his uniform. I bet he is really serious about the whole process. Let us know his game schedule. Trent will for sure want to come see some games and then he'll start asking when he will be old enough! Great post! I love when great journaling, funny anecdotes and pictures come together for my entertainment!
How fun to have a little boy in baseball I am so jealous. That is why I want a boy to be able to have him in baseball. I don't think there is anything cuter than little boys in baseball uniforms. Hopefully our next kid will be a boy.
wow that was so cute! I miss you guys so much. I hate that our kids arent doing these things together. What was I thinking splitting up ying and yang all those years ago. Your really on top of your blog you rock! give the kids kisses for me.
gotta love tball, Dallin was always to ADD and would get so bored in the out field... how fun for Austin to be an ANGEL, that rocks :)
oh so so cute! what a little athlete. I love it... I cant wait till Jackson plays sports. I'll probably be the crazy fanatic mom! Looks like he did really well, and no injuries ;)
Cute, cute!! What a funny little guy. I can't wait to put Ryan in sports.
BTW-Loved those old pics!!
Post a Comment