Friday, March 28, 2008

SPRING BREAK-The Chase Way!!

So, my goal for this last week has been to do something new everyday, and take an out of the house adventure everyday! It was fun to load up and go do new things. The kids woke up every morning ready to set out and try new things. I had fun watching them interact with each other and the outings we took! Monday we turned our yard into a water park. We finally used the Slippin' Slide Austin got for his birthday!
That night we made homemade pizzas. The kids had a blast and really enjoyed their culinary treats. Autumn loves cooking, I just have to be creative in what I let her help with. Luckily she isn't allergic to pizza!

Tuesday we went to an awesome park, that had a huge canopy over it to protect the kids from the sun. We washed the cars with Dad, and then had "Movie Theater Nite" and watched ENCHANTED. Paul even enjoyed it!! Wednesday we went to Temecula to the "Duck Park". It is a fenced in pond with hundreds of ducks and gooses. The kids fed them bread and even pet a few! Autumn really loved quacking at them.



Thursday we went to the cheap theater and saw ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS. It was really funny, and I enjoyed hearing them laugh, and watching them groove in their seats to the music.

They also explored their creativity with moon sand and they also created a club together.
Friday we ventured into the world of science through the eyes of Prof. PennyPickles.
The Imagination Workshop is in Temecula and full of cool stuff. Austin really liked the magnet experiments, and hot air displays. Autumn thought the hot air balloon basket simulator was fun. We all got to test things and see how things worked. Wherever you saw a penny and a pickle it meant you found a thing to test. There were over 50 of these around the place. There was a piano that when you pushed a key it played a different instrument. I really liked the saxaphone key. This place was so cool. We are so going to go again. We even got to play dress-up!!







Saturday we used our green thumbs to plant gladdiolas in our front yard! We found a couple of worms which we of course played with. And we raced a few snails!! I am a mom who encourages bugs, mudd, and creepy creatures.


Austin also had a baseball game and he did awesome!! So this concludes our fun adventures and Spring Break for 2008! It was fun to do new things!

8 comments:

everyday katie said...

You make such a fun mom. Way to fill their spring break with inexpensive fun. (looks like you even snuck a little educational fun in there, too.) I can't wait til my kids are a little older. Preschool fun is not really a strength of mine. You got some great pictures in there. I have got to go to that museum. I miss living in So Cal. There is so much to do out there.

Good work on the fun week!

The Bains said...

I love the picture of the white duck! It looks like it is from a magazine. Well, it sure looks like you guys had a great week. DO NOT go back to the Imagination place without me and Trent! Great post and great photos. Your kids are lucky to have had such a great week!

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

What a fun Spring Break! Your kids are very lucky to have such a fun mom. We might have to try out the museum in Temecula! Our Spring Break is next week!

jeanine said...

You are so fun! Looks like your kids had a great time too!

Memory said...

Where in Temecula is that museum? Andrews spring break is next week and I want to take him? How much is it and all that? email me avilesinaz@hotmail.com You are a great mom!

Heather said...

Wow! Great job at the fun week! I'm sure they will remember that forever, what great memories!

Shalece said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! What a great mom you are.

Tolley Family said...

How fun! It looks like a lot of fu! I think we may have to check out that place in Temecula!