Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Farewell to the green machine.

So I have to toot my horn!! My hubby has gotten another raise and transfer to the Moreno Valley Best Buy as Product Process Manager. And so after 8 long years and 100,000+ miles and many jeers from fellow employees, my man has gotten a new car. His old plymoth breeze had no working air, the paint was all jacked up from the elements of dew, dust , and sun and recently it has started to shake, rattle, and roll horibly when driving.

So drumroll please!! He is now the proud owner of a 2007 Chevy Cobalt. He gets a discount through Best Buy on Chevy so we really got it for a steal. When we were on vacation in Idaho we drove a cobalt for 10 days and loved it, so we really only had to work on the payment at the dealership. We got the payment right where we wanted it, and saved more than we thought we would with discount and trade-in. So now Paul can drive to and from work with air conditioning and a car that has no mechanical problems. I did tell Paul this is his 7 year anniversary gift!! It's such a nice ride!

10 comments:

The Bains said...

WOW! Paul must be in heaven! His raise is super great news! Hey - now that he works at my Best Buy he'll have to bring Trent home with him for sleepovers every so often! That would be awesome! I'll pack a bag right now! :)

If Paul ever needs anything we are right around the corner! I am so glad that you guys were able to get a new car and it sounds like it was a great deal. I'm surprised they gave you any money at all for a trade in! CONGRATULATIONS!

Traci Elizabeth said...

Yeah!!! new cars are the best!! Congrats to Paul again for the raise, he must be a great employee!

everyday katie said...

SWEET! Congrats to Paul.

jeanine said...

Congrats on the raise AND the new car!

Tolley Family said...

WooHoo for the new car and promotion! :)

Unknown said...

Niiiice! It's so nice, isn't it? Finally getting what you've been working so hard for all these years?

Heidi said...

NICE!!! thats awesome. and it sounds like he deserves it for how ard he is working. Good for you!

Sundbergs said...

Getting new cars is the best. Yeah. . . . I love the picture of your old car. That is awesome that he is now working closer to you.

Heather said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! He deserves it! And happy (late sorry) anniversary!

Heidi said...

thanks for leaving your number. I will call you when I'm in town. THanks!