This is what it took to get my friend Sarah and her kids form CA to RI. I was lucky to have my hubby Paul take off work while I was gone. We had a girls' nite in Boston. We walked to Fenway Park-Home of the Boston Red Sox. While walking I found spots that reminded me of my favorite show "Law & Order". I found a dark alley, garage door store front and a bar with my maiden name on it. I swear I could so here the gavel sound form the show in my head. Boston was awesome. Did you know they have fire alarm pulls on utilities poles? You can be walking down the street and actaully walk over and pull one to summon the authorities. So cool!! We got so lost we had to hail a taxi to get back to our car. Which was cool to me because it was my first ever taxi ride. The city was neat with all it's old buildings and people with cool accents! We also had a girls' nite out to Providence, R.I. and we saw "Juno". We got so horribly lost there to. We even consulted "Lolo" and "Sheila"(2 different GPS systems)to no availe. That town needs better street signs and freeway entrance signs. It's even legal to use the shoulder on the freeway for a real lane during traffic. I thought CA driving was difficult. Good Luck Sarah!!
Sunday, February 10, 2008
10 days/6500+miles/2adults/9 yr. old/5 yr.old/twin 5 mo. old girls/16 bags/8 hours.
Posted by
Erin
at
5:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Glad you're back. Autumn and I will have fond memories of watching "The Sound of Music" together. When I asked her what time we should leave to pick up Austin from school, she said, "in three years!" Bet you're glad I didn't listen to her.
Mom
I'm glad you made it home safely. We miss you guys!
i miss you! samis tooth is almost out i cant wait. we had some wicked awesome snow the other night. i took pictures but still need to upload. check out my page im slowly working on it. love you tons give hugs to the kids for me and thank Paul again =)
Yay! I'm glad you had such a fun time! Paul is a great dad! :)
That was really nice of you Erin...what a good friend! How do you know Sarah? I don't recognize her from your pics. Im glad you had a good time!
Erin- I found you from going through Violet's friends on her blog. Your family is darling! How funny that your friend just moved to Boston. I live here with my husband. We have been here for 2 years. I found Sarah's blog on your list and told her she could email me if she needs anything. Boston is a great town, but like you already discovered, difficult to get around in. Hope you had a good time in Bean-town!
Post a Comment