This was his baptism invitation that was sent out! I really like the way it turned out! He was baptized on Saturday by Paul and it was so great!!
At the baptism we displayed this picture along with his baptism book that he had written his testimony in, and that also had a page for people to sign who came!
It still seems odd that Paul and I have a child old enough to be baptized. It was so exciting taking pictures with him and of him!! Some before shots of him and Eliza Munton(she was also baptized), Austin with us, and Austin with Paul!
I took this picture after the baptism-he was so excited to have been baptized!
Afterwards we had family and friends over to the house for soup and dessert. He received some gifts as well: his scout uniform and book from Grandma and Grandpa Chase, his 1st set of scriptures from Grandma and Grandpa Bills, Lego Star Wars ship and "Christ-I Love You" plague from Heather and Seth, a picture of Christ from Grandma and Grandpa McArthur, and a new Light saber from Trent and Tait. A funny side note: I went and got his scripture set and had it engraved. I showed it to my Mom and when she was holding it there was no engraving. I was shocked and confused because I had watched the lady do it. We turned it over to the back and there was his name-upside on the wrong side!! I was totally shocked and a little upset to say the least. Then my Mom opened the set and the words inside went with the upside engraving. The lady had engraved it to match the inside wording and didn't know the outside cover was stitched on upside down and backwards. The odds that I would pick the 1 messed up set in the whole store-possibly the whole world. Needless to say I went back to the store and exchanged it for a correct one-and the messed up one was sent off to Utah to be destroyed.
It was such a great baptism. Tyler and Heather sang "When Jesus Christ was Baptized". My Dad gave the baptism talk, and him and Grandpa Mac were the witnesses. And Paul did a great job baptizing him and confirming him. He wanted to get dunked again because it was so much fun, and in church the next day he bore his testimony and said "How great it was to be a real member of the church now!" Austin is such a great son and brother and he makes us so proud!!
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Austin's Baptism!
Posted by
Erin
at
4:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I wonder if anywhere in the world Christ's picture has been taken next to star wars stuff??? May the "REAL" force always be with you Austin! Love you tons and are so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for him and for your family that has to be such a proud moment as a parent! I got to hear your dad bare his testimony the next day in church about it and it was so sweet and touching. He is a proud grandpa!
Your little man is a handsome one! Congrats Austin and looks like you got some good loot too!
Congrats to Austin!!!
Post a Comment