Monday, June 1, 2009

Our visit to the Hospital!!

So for the past week or so I have been having contractions. They have been spaced pretty far and if I lay down they go away. Well, this morning at about 5am I woke up with a very strong and long contraction. They kept coming and by 8am Paul was awake cancelling work, we got the kids off to school and headed to the hospital. I was on monitors by 9:40am and they were coming every 6-7 minutes and holding strong. Now I am at 37 weeks pregnand so they gave me 2 bags of IV to try to stop the contractions. The first one didn't do much but make me want to pee, but the second slowed them to about every 10 minutes. I wasn't progressing so after 5 hours of being there they sent me home wioth orders to rest! I was very upset because I had been having contractions that hurt mind you since 5am. It is good for the baby to be in longer for lung development-but hard to leave while still having pain. So, I am at home resting and breathing deep through the contractions. They said I could come back if they get down to 4-5 minutes apart or if my water breaks. Looks like we are now going to play the serious waiting game now, Paul plans on staying home from work so I am not alone trying to care for the kids. I am sad to be home without having delivered, but thanks to the gospel in my life I know it is the right thing!! I am still on the delivery schedual for June 10th for inducement if she is still hunkered in. So, anyway time to lay back down! Keep you posted!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

we did the same thing yesterday morning. But I am 39 weeks, and they sent me home because my cervix wasnt down far enough, and wasnt softened enough. I was so mad. I was sent home @ 10 am, and still was having contractions 2-7 minutes apart till 5:30 pm. I was SO mad that they wouldnt induce me while I was in the hospital. But I do have an induction date for the 8th. Our babies will be so close!

Sundbergs said...

Hand in there you poor thing. I can't wait to see pics.

Jessica said...

After all you have been through too. Hopefully she will come soon. Just rest and get as much sleep as you can. That will all end soon. :) Good luck we hope to see pictures soon.

jeanine said...

Any day now! Good luck!

Nicole said...

I hope you are feeling better today. xoxo