We have been busy with school functions and the end of the school year. Last night was the kids Open House. In Autumn's classroom it was a farm theme. They hatched baby chicks. They are so cute! They have also hatched butterflies, praying mantises, and mealworms.
In Austin's class it was all about bugs. Which he loves!! They had ladybugs, beetles, butterflies, grasshoppers, and ants! He was so excited to show them all off to us!
They have both learned so much this year! Austin is at the top of his class in reading and math. And he really enjoys learning. Autumn has survived school and learned numbers, letters, and sight words for grade level. I am so ready for summer and a break, but am excited for them to move up a grade and see what they learn.
Before we left they showed us their favortie toy on the playground. Austin's was the rope climb-he rocked it out. Autumn's was the angled bar, she loves it!
Then today Autumn had a field trip to Elsinore High School's farm program. They split into gorups of 4-6 and were led around by a student who explained things to them. Autumn really enjoyed seeing the horse, baby pigs and baby lambs. She was given a sunflower plant and was able to hold a 3 weeks old bunny, a baby chick, and got to pet a turkey. They also sheared a sheep for all the kids to see. It was an awesome trip that completely wore us out!
All in all we have been very busy and will continue to be busy until next Friday when school is finally out!!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Open House and Autumn's Field Trip
Posted by
Erin
at
7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That looks like a ton of fun. I can't believe you only have 13 days left! I can't wait to see her. I hope you're feeling well.
School has been out for a week here. That last week was really busy for us too.
Looks like a busy week Yeah for vacation I bet you are going to busy soon enough with that baby yeah. I can't wait to see pictures.
Post a Comment