Monday, June 8, 2009

The wait is killing me!!

I was told I could be induced this Wednesday-2 days from now, but the hospital will not allow any inducments unless there is fetal distress or the woman is at 42 weeks. This is because they have a beatiful new 30 bed facility that still isn't open so they are working with 10 beds for the whole valley!! I am so annoyed and poor Paul is trying his hardest to keep me from losing it! Between still being nauseus and now unable to sleep and the need to pee every 20-30 minutes at night, he has his hands full with a grumpy prego for a wife!!

Friday my mom came and hung with the kids and I while Paul had to go to work. She drove me to my appointment of dissappointment and then took us out for some fresh air. We took the kids to the Temecula Dock Pond. They had fun feeding the ducks and grandma even spotted a turtle. And on the way home we spotted a crazy fan USC car-he made my dad look mild as a sport fanatic!! It was so nice to have another adult around!! Thanks Mom for all the help and company!!





Paul was supossed to have this week off but since they cancelled the inducement he got put back on the schedual and is gone. So today the kids and I ventured out alone-which is a little scary for me because driving and sitting is so hard right now. So we quickly went to the Dollar Tree for art paper and school workbooks, and then to Dejohn's Dairy to get some chocolate milk and see the animals. Autumn's kinder class donated their baby chicks to the dairy so we got to see them and they have grown so much! We also saw a pig, peacocks, goats, guinea pigs, geese, and bunnies! The kids really enjoyed going and are already asking to go back. On our way home we saw skydivers so I drove to a dirt rode beside where they land and we watched them come down. They kids had fun and I did too, but I am also now completely worn out!!





I cannot wait for this baby to come out! It is really taking a toll on me and I think the hardest part is that I want to get back to taking care of my other kids and husband. I want to be able to run around and be the fun invovled mom that my kids like and need. They have been so patient since October with a tired mom, and I am really starting to hate the fact that I am their activity coordinator and I'll I am good at is resting and sleeping. So we shall see when this is all over. Hope it is soon!

Raeding this back I sound so whiny, I am glad to be having this baby. It just really pushe d me to the edge to have my inducement cancelled, it is like someone moved Christmas without considering how upsetting that would be! I know I can wait and thanks to a bleesing and prayers I know this is only a hiccup on the way to a great blessing. I am grateful for blogging and the ability to vent and document this pregnancy and process. Hopefully my next post will be about the new bundle of joy!!!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Aw, Erin. I'm so sorry to hear that it was canceled. But on a brighter note, at least you know the baby will probably come when she is fully ready! And having a ready baby is very important. xoxo ((Hugs))

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

I totally feel for you, I was there not too long ago so I remember your pain! I can't wait to see the little cutie!

Traci Elizabeth said...

OHHHH...man, that stinks. Maybe she will come tomorrow just to spite the hospital =)

I have never heard of the dairy. is it near here? i would love to take olivia.

Erin said...

That would be great to have her come tomorrow. It is taking all my will power not to jump on trampolines!!

jeanine said...

Oh Erin! That totally stinks!!! I hope she comes soon!!!

Heather said...

Sorry Sister. I know having that change cannot be fun, especially when that was the thing helping you hang on! Now hopefully labor will go better for you though, I've heard it's not so fun being induced! Keep busy with the kids, that is what will make her come now! Just call if you go into labor somewhere, I will come rescue you! :)

Sundbergs said...

YOu poor thing. That made me cry, so I am sure you were sobbing when they told you. It will hopefully labor wil come soon. You are a trooper. Hey Venting is what we need to do somettimes.

Sheryl said...

Our prayers are with you to have your sweet baby girl arrive, we are having a heavenly time now that Daphne Jill has arrived! We shall be waiting to hear of her safe arrival!!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that you are so misserable! That sucks! I feel your pain, sista...my pregnancies are SO not fun...ESPECIALLY at the end. I'm so jelous that you went to the Duck Pond. I miss that place. We used to go there ALL the time. Hang in there, girlie!

The Bills Bunch said...

I know how hard this is, but you have to hang in there. She'll be worth it and it sounds like the balls in her court!!! She needs to come out and play :) Tell Austin I love his smile in his pictures!!! Mom