Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tricky Little Leprechauns!!

The kids were so excited to build a leprechaun trap! They gathered boxes and containers and put green things inside like toys, hair things, and markers. They were hoping to catch one and get some wishes!!




Well, when they examined their traps this moprning they discovered two notes that said "Better Luck next year!!" and two quarters for each of them. Austin was excited for the 50 cents that he plans on using at the snack bar at school! Autumn was pretty upset that they hadn't caught him. She wanted to see what he looked like and to make some wishes. Paul and I just love their imagination and are a little sad that soon times like these will just be memories! They are both getting so big!!


5 comments:

jeanine said...

What a cute idea! I love it!

Lauri said...

My kiddos made traps, too. The leprachauns around here left gold wrapped reeces miniatures (they couldn't find any chocolate gold coins).

everyday katie said...

Woops...I'm at my mom's house and keep posting under her name.

Heidi said...

thats so great! I cannot wait to see what Jackson comes up with when he understands everything.

The Bains said...

You have the best ideas! How did I teach elem. school for all those years and not do something like this? You need to start calling me and informing me of your good ideas when you get them so I can totally copy them and do it too!