He has been wanting a bigger bike, but we are not the type of parents to throw money around just because our kids want something. He had a perfectly good bike, barely used, it was just slow in Austin's opinion. Well, his birthday was very profitable, and he has earned money from extra chores around the house. He had saved up $60 so we went to Wal-Mart and he bought himself a new bike and helmet. He was so excited to hand the money over to the clerk! He is already saving money for his next thing he just has to have. And the icing on the cake is he offered his old bike to a friend who has two younger brothers and only 1 bike between them all. We are so proud of him, and amazed at his ability to save and help others without any struggle!
The funniest thing is we took him to the park to ride the bike for the first time and when Paul ask him how it rode he said, "My old bike was slower than a turtle, and this one is faster than a cheeta, it's awesome!!"
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Austin's 1st major investment!!
Posted by
Erin
at
11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
How awesome is that... hard worker, and so charitable! Good job mom and dad! Love what he said about the new bike. SO funny!
I agree, so proud of Austin! And I would ratehr ride a cheetah than a turtle too ;)
THat really is awesome.
How cool! You guys are teaching him right.
That is grat. WE did a little bit of that with Rylin at Christmas for her to earn money for someone else. I just would like some advice. What kind of things do you have him do and about how much would you say you payed him for a job? I did windows for Rylin and paid her 50 cents. I would love more ideas. and you have the best ones. I lvoe his little line at the end too cute.
Wow! what a GOOD kid he is!
What a big boy! That's awesome.
Awwwww! Austin is so sweet. What a great thing for him to do.
What is his bike's name?
What a cool post. I love posts with great stories about great kids!
From TMac:
Hey Austin,
Your bike looks cool! I am proud of you for giving your old bike to your friend. Did you use the birthday money that I gave you to buy your new bike? I want to ride bikes with you!
Love,
Your cousin T!
Awww, so sweet Austin! Love it!
Post a Comment