Austin started his Kinder career at Wilson Elementary in Corona with Ms. Cook. Then when we moved he was impacted to Donald Grahm Elementary with Mrs. Burke. After 45 days there he was pulled to his home school, Jean Haymen Elementary. Mom's tried everything including throwing in the "He has a speech IEP" but the district didn't care. So he is now in Mrs. Aiken's class. I never thought he would have 3 first days of kindergarten. It was gutt renching when he had to leave Mrs. Burke. Out of the three teachers she was the best with him and the class was well balanced. He is doing great with Mrs. Aiken, she does seem to have good learning strategies for her class. He did find it fun to have new 1st day clothes for each school though. Lucky for the schools that my Austin can adjust quickly and easily and has no problems making friends. Mom is finding it hard though because 17 of the 20 mom's speak only spanish, and she can't even say her english "r's" correctly. He is surviving this though. He is only in Kindergarten once!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Erin! How are you? I have a blog too! www.mattheidishirley.blogspot.com come and visit us in the blogging world! Ill be adding you! and seeing you!
This is what happens when you start a blog...you run into all kinds of people you haven't heard from in years.
Your kids are so old. I can't believe it. They're cute kids.
Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.
Katie (Benson) Smith
www.everydaykatie.blogspot.com
I can't believe you found me! Wow! Your kids are so big! So fun to find you! About the pay it forward thing... I make something for YOU. Then you pay it forward to three other people. You'll have to send me your address so I can get something to you!
Hey Erin!! what a surprise!! I cant believe you and Paul have been married for 7 years...that is crazy!!!!!! I saw your fam at Knotts Berry Farm a few weeks back, those crazy Redheads!!! I am so glad you have a blog! I look forward to updates!
Post a Comment