Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lizard Wizard Assembly!



At school yesterday was the Lizard Wizard Assembly where this guy brought in all sorts of scaly, slimy creatures! During Autumn's assembly she got picked to hold an alligator-she was nervous but held it for 10 seconds.

The assemblies were great and when the guy was done showing off the reptiles and stuff he let every kid pet anything they wanted.
After school some of the PTA kids got to have a special holding session with the creatures. Autumn loved holding the tree frogs!

Austin really enjoyed the frogs and snakes!


Both the kids got to hold the big boa constrictor! And even Kayla got in on the action!!


She really wanted to hold the snake!

And her reaction to the tree frog was priceless! She kept touching it and giggling!!
It was so much fun to watch the kids interact with the creatures and awesome that we got extra special time with them!!

4 comments:

The Bills Bunch said...

Thankfully Kayla wasn't allergic to the reptiles! Or was she????

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

What brave children! I don't think I could've done that. Go Autumn!

Heidi said...

WOW! she really does look like she is into it! what a fun time!

The Bains said...

That is so awesome! You are brave to let Kayla touch all that but I guess it's all trial and error. Maybe she'll become a herper (I think that's the right word. Someone who loves reptiles. etc. What a cool assembly.