Sunday, January 31, 2010

Can you Spell cruise? WE CAN!!




C-
Christmas Gift from my Parents. After a fun family trip to Utah we were trying to figure out another trip. The only downside to Utah was having to take time out from family fun to drive and to deal with the making and cleaning of meals. So a brillant plan was hatched to all go on a cruise!! So after checking everyones work obligations the date was set: Jan 18th-22nd. The original Bills 7 plus spouses and kids, and the Great McArthur Grandparents! carnival didn't know who they had coming, either did Catalina or Ensenada!!

R-Due to the weather our trip was re-routed to CABO SAN LUCAS! That's right while everyone at home dealt with the worst storm which included a tornado warning for the kids school-we traveled to sunny gorgeous CABO. We found out while checking in our bags upon arrival Monday-best news ever!! And to top that off Carnival gave each passenger a $20 credit in their onboard account. AWESOME-free souviners and smoothies!!

U- Unable to stop the skills of the Bills! We rocked that ship! They have contests onboard for just about everything. TV Theme Songs, Karaoke, Chest Hair(Brain got a medal for participation), Bean Bag Toss(Tyler was the ultimate champion), Basketball, Lego Building(Austin got 2nd Place)Ping Pong.....it goes on and on. Tyler was the ultimate winner: 10 medals in all, he even gave one up to our Grandma who really wanted one! By the end of the week we had all won at least 1 even the kids! Austin and TMAC preformed in the Kids Club Talent Show(Austin showed off his Star Wars sounds, and TMAC sand "Zippty Do Dah"). WE also got to plays our own games!!


I- INCREDIBLE FOOD!! Every night there was a menu that you could order as much of whatever you wanted. They had the best Mac'n'Cheese on the kids menu, and I finished every night with Chocolate Molten Lava Cake! Man how I miss that. The kids loved being able to get breakfast delivered to the room in the morning-they were really excited about the toast and bagels(only cereal at home). Tater Tot was addicted to the soft serve ice cream(he even tapped me and said "ice cream time"). Paul fell in love with the Mongolian Beef he found at the poolside buffet! It was so nice being able to gather for food and have no responsibilty other than eating and enjoying!!

S- Seeing and Doing new things! Austin got to try the water slide! He did it 6 times and loved it!

In Kids Club the kids got to build a volcano and make it erupt! I sang karaoke with the siblings, and Tim McGraw's "Live like you were dying"-can you say FUN! Paul and I realized "O- 71" is not our friend on a bingo card(stood in our way of $1000 and a free cruise). Kayla tried Cherrioes and loved them. And to top all of that we saw Cabo. Mom and Dad covered the cost of a glass bottom boat tour of the scenery which included a stop at Lovers Beach where the kids got to play in the waves! We also saw the Scooby Do rock, Window to the Pacific, and fish under our boat!


E- Eternal Memories were made! We may not have done a lot-but the memories are priceless. Relaxing everyday, enjoying great food, and visiting another country with our family was amazing! Best Christmas gift ever!! Thanks Mom and Dad!!! Fingers crossed-hoping you guys do something like this again!!

5 comments:

everyday katie said...

That is seriously awesome. Sounds perfect...especially for a winter getaway. Glad you had a good time.

Sundbergs said...

Sounds awesome. I wish I was there. Glad you had an awesome time.

The Bains said...

What a cute way to do your post. I love it. I need to give you the few volcano pics I got which are dark but I'll try to lighten them up in Picasa first. Now I am officially the last one to blog the cruise. We could have bet money on that! I was impressed with my rather quick FB post though.

Great post! Good times.

Heidi said...

How fun for you all! I would really love to do something like that with my family. what a great Christmas present!
and to be re-routed to cabo? how nice!!!

Nicole said...

That was super nice of your parents! And to have fun with the whole family... what great memories, I'm sure! Glad you guys had such a great time!