Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Schools Back In!!!!


Autumn is a big 1st grader. She goes to school all day now and gets to play on the big playground. She was a little nervous but after seeing her room and finding a friend in her class she was off to play before the bell rang. She has Mrs. Scarbrough in Rm. 6, it is the same teacher Austin had last year. After school she said her favorite part of the day was a tie between eating at the cafeteria and painting a special picture!


Austin is now a 2nd grader. He was so excitied to get back to school. He has Mrs. Harvey in Rm. 15, and told me multiple times how he didn't need me to walk him to the door or even park afterschool and walk up to get him. And he also fought me on taking the picture. Well, I let him go to the room alone, but did come for a good-bye hug before class started. And I also picked him up afterschool on foot. I am so embarrassing!! He had a blast. He loves his teacher and was so excited to do the minusicule amount of homework he got!

I am glad they are back in school. Summer has been hard on them because it has been to hot to go out with the baby. So most days were tv, Wii, and playing in the house. I am lucky that my kids like school and learning. And Paul gave the kids school blessings, they were both so excited to get them, and I am so grateful that Paul holds the priesthood!

So, we have had a great start to our new school year!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

FUN! I am a little different from most parents, but I am excited for the day jackson goes to school. It will be good for him and me!

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

Awww, the kids look cute. I can't believe so many people started school already, it's still summer! We don't start until Sept. 10th!

jeanine said...

So much fun! William starts next week!

Heather said...

Awww so special! I love that now austin is too old for everything! Hilarious and a little sad!

Sundbergs said...

That is so awesome. They are getting so big I bet it will be nice to have some mom and baby time.