Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Very Busy Friday

Last Friday was a very busy day. It started out with a field trip to Albertson's with Austin's 1st grade class. They got to tour the store, and get a ton of free samples. The best sample was the cookies each kid got to decorate and eat, and they were able to go into the big freezer in the back. It was so much hanging with Austin and his friends.


After that I went to my sister Heather's house to take maternity pictures. She got some great shots of me and my belly. Autumn came with me and while Heather and I were reveiwing the pics upstairs we trusted Autumn to hang downstairs while Mitch my month old nephew swung in his swing. Well-did we ever learn a lesson. Never leave Mitch or any baby alone with a child-especially Autumn!! She asked to hold him once we came downstairs and I got cute pictures of them. And then Heather noticed something on his head. Autumn had taken at least 2 differetn pens and dotted his head with them while he was swinging. He had blue freckles, that luckily came off. She defiently got her punishment when we got home and Paul heard about it. Heather and I started laughing before we thought to dicipline so we missed that boat. I did learn a valuable lesson, the new baby is getting her own room. Austin and Autumn are going share a room again so I know the baby is safe!!



And if all that activity and excitement wasn't enough Autumn and I went to the Mother/Daughter Pajama and Chocolate Night at school. I made sure to bring Autumn special rice chocolate milk, which she loved. We ate chocolate strawberries and dipped pretzels. We made matching braclets, and participated in the make a dress out of toilet paper contest. We had so much fun together! Needless to say I was wasted at the end of that busy day, and defiently glad I survived it!



And last but not least here is a copy of the awesome baby shower invite Heather created for me from my maternity shoot with her. Thanks Heather they turned out great! And for any of you who would like to attend please come or contact Heather.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

You are such a fun mommy! Those stories of what get done to babies, are so funny, just so long as not real harm gets done!! Love the shower invite...so hip! (or should I say "so belly") ;)

Heather said...

Aww, what a fun (and enlightening)Friday and luckily my little Mitch sustained no injuries, I can't believe he didn't even cry! She must have really had him entertained with the pens! LOL! i'm glad at least we know now and we can protect our babies from her crazy ideas! :) She's lucky we love her! Excited for your shower and for my new baby niece! I'm getting her a plastic bubble for protection! Ha!

everyday katie said...

Oh man you must be exhausted. You're a trooper. Your kids have fun schools. There are always events and field trips.

Anonymous said...

Is there another shower for the family planned. That Day is a work day for some people,it would be better if you had it on a Saturday for family to come to this. I would like to come but, I need at least a two weeks notice to be able to come. love you
Kimberly