

So, yesterday was a hard day. I hadn't been feeling good for a few days and decided yesterday to go in for a bag of fluids. Easy enough-or so I thought. I was down 7 pounds and shedding keatones like crazy. When you shed keatones it means your body is breaking down muscles to live off of. Not good. I am only at 9 weeks and this normally doesn't happen until 13-15 weeks. So we tried to start a line 8 times but because I was so dehyrated my veins wouldn't hold. They sent me to the ER and before trying my foot for an entry point I convinced them into trying my forearm. Success!! We got in a line and I infused 2 bags of fluids.
Paul had to come home form work early to get the kids from school, and then helped me eat and drink some stuff last night. Nothing stayed in, but at least I tried. Today I am going to get a permanent line put in for IVs. It is hard to wrap my head around the likely hood of having to do this for an extended period of time so early on in the pregnancy. I am so grateful for the priesthood my husband holds, and for the great bleesing he gave me last night. The end will so justify the journey it takes to get there!! I am just glad to be 9 weeks into all this, only 31 weeks to go!
Friday, November 14, 2008
My First ER Visit!
Posted by
Erin
at
10:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Goodness!!! Good luck Erin..you are a trooper!
Wow ERin! I agree with Traci... you are a trooper!
You are amazing. Keep hanging in there.
WOW!! Im not sure I would ever get pregnant if I had to go through all that. seriously... you are amazing!
Hang in there...
The power of the priesthood IS amazing! I love having the priesthood in our home too!
XOXO
Keep being you! You are amazing and beautiful and brave and an amazing mother! Keep being brave and keep having faith. The priesthood is amzing and we are all blest that the Lord restored the Priesthood power on earth! You are in my prayers! Love Bonnie
Wow, being that sick sounds like total sucko. I've been sick to my stomach for the last 2 days and I'm ready to lose my mind! I hope you feel better :)
~Laura
Stay strong Erin! You are amazing!
Wow! I can't believe you failed to mention this on phone yesterday - bad girl! :) I am so sorry. That all is absolutely no fun. Did you go by yourself while the kids were in school? Keep me really posted! Let us know what we can do to help! Love and prayers. I also put your name on the temple prayer roll last week. I'll keep putting you on it.
Love you!
Amber
Wow! I hope things get better with you!
I was thinking of you today, keeping you in my prayers!
Oh Erin you poor thing. I feel awful for you. You are amazing to endure this. I hope you are doing better and that you will be able to get off the IV's soon. We will pray for you.
How are you feeling this week Erin?
Hi Erin! It's Michelle Ortiz! Congratulations on the pregnancy! I am pregnant too! Your sister told me I think she said you're due in June? I am due in August. I am so sorry that you are so sick! I hope that it passes soon. Are you showing at all? I am not showing quite yet. I am only a little over 9 weeks. Anyways, please tell Paul I said hello and congrats to him too. I will try to check your blog more often to see your progress. Are you going to put up any pictures of your belly? I hope so. Take care hun! Muah! :0)
Post a Comment