Some people handle change well, but not me. The huge change in hormones when I'm pregnant sends me into a downward health spiral. I went in Monday and found I was down 12 pounds in a week and got a PIC Line put in my upper right arm. It feeds a line into my chest and allows anything infused in to bypass my stomach. I am hooked up 24/7 to a special mixture called TPN. It is a bag of fluids and stuff made for me. It has stuff like glucose, potassiumn, sodiumn, calciumn, magnesium, and we add a multivitamn and folic acid into it.
I have a home health nurse come by every few days to draw blood for labs and to change out all the dressings and replaceable tubing. I have been on these bags for 8 days and there isn't really and end insight. I am not allow to eat or drink anything by mouth and haven't since Sunday the 16th. The worst of it all is that my body still wants to throw-up, and since I'm not eating it either is stomach acid, or dry heaves! I haven't really been out in a while. Friday I went to my sister Heather's house to meet my brother Brian's fiance' Laura. I teared up in the car because it was nice just to be out of the house. And Saturday my friend Jill took me out to Target. It was a very short trip, and it made me feel really tired!
Paul and the kids have been very supportive. Autumn says "Hi" to the baby all the time, which helps me remember what I am doing. Sometimes it is hard to continue, but those thoughts are few and quickly replaced with all the good memories of a new baby. Austin is my big helper who at the age of 6 is doing more than most teenagers. Paul works hard all day at work, and then comes home and shows the kids good times. he takes them out to the park and on errands and the kids can't wait to have him home. He took them to the park last week and flew kites and took their bikes so they could play!
He has learned to hook up my IV bags and does it every night for me. He also helps me wash my hair, and keeps me laughing and smiling. I know without him I couldn't be doing this. I know he is tired but he doesn't let it show. And he is really considerate with food around me. He avoids a lot of things because of the smell, or the fact that I love and miss it so much! My family has been great to. Amber has been there to talk to when I am having a hard moment. Heather helps to remind me it is all worth it. Seeing her baby belly Friday really helped through the weekend. The whole clan ate waffles Friday because I knew I could handle the smell-thanks guys. And my mom is priceless. She came out yesterday and drove me to my doctor appointment. Then spent the whole day with the kids and I. She hung with them and gave them love and attention while cleaning up my messy house. Paul was speechless and so grateful to come home and find the floors vacumned and mop, dinner made, and children bathed. She also totally understands what I am going through because she went through it to! I Love You MOM!! Thank-you for all you do, and your willingness to do more.
I know this has been a long post, I just want to remember it all. And I know some of you couldn't fathom dealing with this. I am not brave or strong, just glutten for punishment in the long journey of growing another baby. I really lean upon Paul and close friends and family to help me remember that this is a blessing and that I have survived it twice. This better go well, because this is it for me. I can't put my kids through this again. And I miss eating food. So eat a lot during your Thanksgiving celebrations, and thanks for the love and support!!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Hormone Overload
Posted by
Erin
at
12:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
My goodness, Erin! I can't imagine that at all. Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and continue to keep you in my prayers!
HUGS!!!
OH MY!! Im sure you have heard this before... Heavenly Father doesnt give us anything we cant handle! You are a special special woman! I will be thinking of you often!
XOXO
Erin you are amazing. Seriously. And you have such a great support system! You are so blessed to have a great husband, kids, and family nearby!
Wow girl! Look what I missed! I pray that all will be well. What a tough road. Good thing you are so lovable and well loved! Yay for Gramma's!
Erin, I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. I thought having mild morning sickness for 8 months was bad! After all this I hope you get blessed with a really easy baby!
Dang..you are awesome for doing this again...I would have quit after 1!!!
Honestly, let me know if you need help...any day and I am there.
Oh my gosh! You are such a strong woman. And very brave. Heavenly Father sure does love you to help you through all of this. You can tell he really trusts you to keep his children safe here on Earth. we love you! And good luck and we will continue to stay updated with your blog!
Love, the Hardys and Robinsons.
Ahh Erin, you are in my thoughts all the time! I tried calling the last home number I had for you yesterday but it was wrong and when I went to delete it, I accidentally deleted your whole entry. Please call me! I need to talk to you!! xoxo
PS. Don't make me go tracking you down. :)
You are amazing. Hang in there girl. I cry every time I read your posts. You are an inspiration.
Wow erin, you may think you are just doing what you gotta do, but you are amazing! The positive attitude you maintain is amazing, and a great example to all those who read your blog. Hang in there, I am glad you have such great family and friends to help, and a great hubby. You are in my prayers :)
You go girl! Let all of it out so that in those reflective moments you can really remember what it is all about, growing your eternal family! You are amazing and strong. I admire you! Love Bonnie
No wonder I didn't see you on Sunday! Please let me know if I can help out in any way; I can pick up laundry, run a vaccum or just keep you company. Big hugs Erin!
I haven't read blogs in a few weeks since our family has been so busy with all of the visiting and Thanksgiving celebrations. I felt so bad for you on Thanksgiving. It is no fun to watch everyone else eat yummy food. I will call you on the phone right now to see what day this week you'd like me to come out there. I'm done going out of town and such so now I can come over! Hopefully in the Summer your blog will be inundated with photos of a gorgeous, healthy baby and your new tiny body! :) This is all Mom's fault you know?!! Hee Hee! Our men are great aren't they? Knowing when dating us that this would probably happen, marrying us anyways and being so great when it is happening. Paul, Tracy and Seth rock. It really is incredible when you think about everything we go through to get babies here. You have it the worst too. Dad told me on Thanksgiving to go ahead and get pregnant (crazy man!) so they could have 20 plus grandchildren. I made it very clear that I wasn't ready yet! Easy for him to say! All right - hang in there and think about how lucky you are to be able to stay home, not worry about having to work and be able to just grow that baby! Love you!
It is SO WORTH IT!!!! Just keep reminding yourself... cause I'm sure it sucks too! I'm glad I've been able to bypass this, just sad you can't! Hang in there, even though it sucks not to eat(I'm sure!), this thing is keeping you and that baby healthy and that is most important!!! Love you!!
Post a Comment