Monday, April 26, 2010

Earth Day and National Jelly Bean Day!!

I love doing theme days with the geeks! To celebrate Earth Day we planted some flower seeds in our flower bed and watched the DisneyNature Film "Earth", which was amazing!

And to celebrate National Jelly Bean day we sorted and tasted a whole lot of jelly beans. Austin's favorite flavor was strawberry and grape, and Autumn's was strawberry. We also ate some jelly Belly Beans. Autumn was shocked by the popcorn flavored beans and Austin really enjoyed rootbeer flavor! Both liked the cotton candy one!! It was also really funny to watch their reactions to the flavors they didn't enjoy: cherry, cinnamon, tangerine, pineapple, and pear.






Can't wait for our next theme day!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

You are such a good mom! I didnt know there was a national jelly bean day? and I think I should have done something to celebrate earth day. that is a great day to celebrate for sure!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Such a great idea, where do you find out what all the National Theme Day's are?

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

i had no idea there was a national jelly bean day. how fun is that. i'm a fan of the sour flavors!
briana